JONES BEAUTY COLLEGE
JONES BEAUTY COLLEGE
Accredited since: 1991
(1) How many students who complete your course pass the State Licensure exam?
(1) Why you should ask this question: A high percentage would mean that the college in question will focus on helping you not only to graduate, but to pass the licensure exam in your state as well.
(2) How many of your graduates who pass their Licensure exam obtain employment?
(2) Why you should ask this question: Many cosmetology colleges don't place individuals with an employer. However, if it is an accredited college, they still have to keep statistics on how many graduates find employment. A high average indicates that the college in question has a great reputation among employers in the area. A high average would also indicate that graduates were trained well in interviewing and people skills.
(3) What are your enrollment requirements?
(3) Why you should ask this question: There may be different enrollment and entrance requirements for many schools. Some will require that you have your high school diploma or GED, while others will require that you have completed a certain amount of your high school education. Some colleges will require an enrollment fee up front, while others will not.
(4) Can I come for a tour of your college?
(4) Why you should ask this question: You can find out many things over the telephone about a college. But don't make up your mind until you have had a campus visit. A simple 10 to 20 minute visit will give you knowledge a telephone conversation could never offer. Such as: is the college in a good location (easy access, crime rate, etc) Do the students there look busy - content - professional - ethnically diverse? Is there a display of the books you'll be studying, and equipment you'll be using? How old or new is the facility and equipment? Is the clinic floor busy with customers? As you can see, this list could go on and on. The visual information you will acquire on a tour is incredibly valuable. A tour could change your mind.
Return to Main Page